Monday 18 October 2010

Food, wine and luxury walks

Autumn is in full swing in the capital - time to dig out my mac and pack away the maxi dress me thinks! I've had a busy few weeks in the Burgh and lots of interest in my new blog which is very exciting. Thank you to everyone who has shown their support. I also signed up to Twitter this week so please follow me and let me know what you think of the blog: @thelimitedlady

I was delighted to hear that one of my favourite streets in Edinburgh has gone online this week - Multrees Walk. Check out the new website http://www.the-walk.co.uk/ for all up and coming news and events from Mulberry, Reiss, Kurt Geiger and all the other luxury shops on The Walk.


The lovely people at Bordeaux Wines got in touch last week and invited me to the Love Cooking festival at the Playhouse. Needless to say I was very excited to go on my first Limited Lady outing and it certainly didn't disappoint...

Although the event was heavily supported by various sponsors, I had a fantastic time picking up some useful culinary skills and learning how to pair my Bordeaux with my beef.

James Martin (who I'm used to seeing on Saturday Kitchen from the comfort of my bed) and his special guest - Edinburgh's very own Tom Kitchin  - had great charisma on stage while wine gurus Oz Clarke and Olly Smith entertained the audience with quirky facts and tonnes of personality. But the highlight of the night was an Australian camera man who stole Oz's wine, took the mick out of the sponsors and almost ruined James's souffle by opening the oven door mid cook (gasp). A lovely night all round - thank you Bordeaux!



No comments:

Post a Comment